Tuesday 12 January 2016

Another star is born!

A star blanket that is! This one is for my new Granddaughter's baby cousin who is due any day now. It had to be similar colours to the one I made for Lily. This time I kept the centre plain using a pale mint baby yarn from Aldi, then the Stripes yarn from Wilkinsons, the shimmer pink is from Aldi and the dark teal is Wilkinsons. The edge is crab stitch (known as reverse SC in the USA because they couldn't think of anything else to rename it to)! This is the first blanket that I have added the edging to, it wasn't in the pattern - which is in issue 47 of Inside Crochet, although there are plenty of free patterns about for 12 star blankets too. I didn't like the variegated centre of the last one, now I think I prefer it to the plain!

I ordered the yarn to make the Persian Tile blanket by Jane Crow, but instead of buying the kit I bought the individual yarns all in Stylecraft Life, and Deramores sent me a part order - just one ball of daffodil via courier! Why bother I wonder, why not send it all together?

Stylecraft Persian Tiles Blanket Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment